In the Oct. 6 school board meeting, the trustees took action on bids for agricultural leases that expire Dec. 31. Among those 16th section bids were:
• On Township 10-Range 3W, which has 102 acres, the winning bid was from the current lessee, KBS Farms, who placed a bid of $127 per acre, or a total of $12,954. The current price per acre is $139.77 per acre. The only other bid submitted was for $65 per acre from D&D Farms.
• On Township 10-Range 4W, consisting of 73.9 acres, the winning bid was from Goodman Planting Co., who bid $90 per acre, or a total of $6,651. The current price per acre is $86 per acre. Other bids came from the current lessee, Billy Joe Ragland, who bid $67 per acre and Bobby Ragland Jr., who bid $80.20 per acre. The trustees accepted Goodman Planting Company's bid subject to the current lease holder's right to bid 105 percent.
• On Township 11-Range 3W, consisting of 26.3 acres, the sole bid from D&D Farms, who bid $65 per acre, or a total of $1,709.50 was rejected. The current price per acre is $138.79. The trustees voted to readvertise the section.
• On Township 12-Range 3E, consisting of 57.8 acres, the sole bid came from Shannon Greer, who bid $65 per acre, or a total of $3,757. The current price is $73 per acre. The trustees awarded the lease to Greer.
• Township 12-Range 3W, consisting of 463.7 acres, is currently being leased for $164.85 per acre. After going to auction, the trustees awarded the lease to current lessee De Paul, who bid $230 per acre after going to auction. His original bid was $125 per acre. The only other bid came from Ronald Hargraves, who bid $208 per acre, or a total of $96,449.60.
• On Township 13-Range 1W, consisting of 183 acres and currently leased for $149.64 per acre, the winning bid came from current lessee Pierce Farms, who bid $153 per acre, or a total of $27,999. The only other bid came from Little Omega Farms, who bid $143 per acre, or a total of $26,169.
In other county school board business, the trustees:
• Granted permission to advertise for timber bids on Township12N-Range 3E.
• Granted permission to Hammett Gravel Co. to drill for mineable gravel deposits on Township 9N-Range 3W, Township 11N-Range1W and Township 10N-Range 3W.
• Approved a sublease of Township 11N-Range 5W to OK Farms Inc.
• Approved the return of the performance bond to Anderson Tully Lumber Co. on Township 10N-Range 5W and to Copiah Forest Products on Township 9N-Range 4W.
• Approved a right-of -way easement to Yazoo Valley Electric Power Assoc. on Township 12N-Range 3W at no charge.
• Accepted a donation of $2,500 to Linwood Elementary School from CF Industries for classroom book sets.
• Accepted a $100 donation to Bentonia-Gibbs Elementary School the 21 Club-Joffre Washington and David Starling for supplies and uniforms.
• Accepted a donation of $337.76 to Bentonia-Gibbs Elementary School from The Mississippi Museum of Natural Science for Make a Splash fourth grade field trip.
• Accepted a $100 donation to Yazoo County Middle School from Donnie Burrough for football supplies.
• Accepted a $40 donation to Yazoo County Middle School from LaColia Cannon for football supplies.