The “deep state” never sleeps. This merry band of unelected bureaucrats are doing everything they know to do to embarrass President Trump and his administration.
Much of their fire has already been exhausted, but they are still trying to prove that President Trump is not only poorly educated, but dumb. Last week, the federal government issued a report on, you guessed it, climate change. Remember that this subject has gone from “global warming” to “climate change.” President Trump is an admitted skeptic.
Do you remember “Murphy’s Law?” This law says that “if it can happen, it will happen, and it will happen at the most inopportune time.” Weather forecasting is based on statistics, so when the weatherman says there is a 40 percent chance of rain, we automatically know that there is a 60 percent chance it will not rain. But weather is fickle. In some years, as in the recent past, there were no hurricanes that hit the United States.
But this year, all of this changed. We were pounded by hurricanes that did a lot of damage to property, and in some cases, there was a loss of life. California has experienced an above normal fire season where hundreds of homes, and at last count 86 people had lost their lives. But part of California is located in a desert, so what happens when there is little or no rain? Things dry out and burn easily. The smart leaders in California have opted to let the forests grow with no management designed to get rid of the undergrowth. Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown claims that “climate change” is the cause of the devastating fires that have scorched the land. Nothing so simple as “mismanagement” ever entered his mind. But don’t forget, “If it can happen, it will happen.” Weather is no exception to the rule.
But the “deep state” bureaucrats have cranked out a 1600 page report that is sure to get the “climate change” crowd out into the streets. Like all “climate reports,” this one is designed to scare the daylights out of millennials and leftists. Bureaucrats love to write long reports that show that a lot of research and deep thought has gone into their efforts. For example, this Federal report states, “U S. residents are now being forced to cope with dangerously high temperatures, rising seas, deadly wildfires, torrential rainfalls, and deadly hurricanes. These climate-related impacts will only get worse and their costs will mount dramatically if these climate-related issues continue unabated.”
How do the leftists, Democrats, and millennials propose to correct this problem? To them, it is very simple. The government controls everything from how you heat and cool your home to what type of car you drive to carbon taxes that will ultimately break the bank.
For “climate change” skeptics, we are not ready to turn everything over to an all powerful central government. If their proposals were adopted, this country would be plunged into a deep depression almost overnight. Besides, I don’t know anyone who is smart enough to change the weather. How would these bureaucrats make it warmer or cooler? How would they increase of decrease rainfall? Can they magically stop a tornado or hurricane? All of this climate change nonsense has one purpose, and that is to separate you from your money.
Many leftists hate President Trump, but, as a clear-thinking conservative, there are two traits, among many, that I admire. He is a practical business man who is a climate change skeptic, and he has common sense. Recently he tweeted, “Brutal and extended cold blast could shatter all records. What ever happened to Global Warming?”
But there is more good news. Investor’s Business Daily published a column that stated, “Don’t tell anyone, but we just had two years of record-breaking global cooling.” Writing in Real Clear Markets, Aaron Brown looked at the official NASA global temperature data.
The 2016-2018 Big Chill was composed of two Little Chills, the biggest five month drop ever (February to June 2016) and the fourth biggest (February to June 2017). A similar event from February to June 2018 has brought global average temperatures below the 1980's average.”
Sorry globalists, leftists, socialists, and communists, the American people are not falling for the “climate change” hoax. No human being can change the weather. No human being can make the oceans rise or fall. No human being can change the direction of the wind. No human being can turn California into a tropical rain forest. Fortunately, that task is reserved for someone with a higher pay grade than Washington bureaucrats.