Tornado tops news in 2010
Storms and recovery made history in Yazoo
By JASON PATTERSON
There was no shortage of big news stories in Yazoo County this year, but none came close to the April 24 tornado.
Yazoo County was thrown into the national spotlight after a terrible tornado that killed four Yazooans and destroyed numerous homes and businesses. As 2010 comes to a close, the storm’s destructive impact remains clearly visible and recovery efforts continue.
Many Yazoo residents probably thought we had our share of tornadoes for the year, but on Nov. 29 a pair of EF2 tornadoes touched down in Yazoo. The storm did significant damage to the downtown historic business district.
Other top stories from the year:
1. April 24 tornado hits Yazoo County.
2. Nov. 29 tornados hit Yazoo.
3. Tornado recovery efforts.
4. Richard Darden arrested, ordered to leave Yazoo.
5. Spirited city elections.
6. Citizens protest proposed adult district.
7. Sudbury named new superintendent.
8. New District Attorney elected.
9. Carlton Reeves confirmed.
10. Benjamin Reed murder case.
-------for the rest of the story see The Yazoo Herald printed edition or subscribe to the Digital Edition.----------
Last Updated (Monday, 03 January 2011 18:11)