Shady Lane residents say black mold problem is real
By JASON PATTERSON
Several residents of Shady Lane Apartments have told The Yazoo Herald that they are concerned about black mold that is inside some of the units.
The Herald interviewed residents, who did not wish to be identified for fear of losing their apartments, who agreed with Supervisor Cobie Collins that there is a health risk at the complex due to black mold caused by excessive moisture.
“It is the worst in the closets,” one woman said. “We have had to throw away clothes it got so bad.”
Another resident said he believes the problem is due to water that follows heavy rainfall.
-------for the rest of the story see The Yazoo Herald printed edition or subscribe to the Digital Edition.----------