Black mold problem investigated at Shady Lane
“These little kids got my attention. Every kid I saw had these symptoms.”
- Tom Taylor
By JASON PATTERSON
The president of the Yazoo County Board of Supervisors says there’s a major health risk at Shady Lane Apartments, and the complex’s manager is trying to hide the problem.
But Shady Lane manager Robin Smith disputes those claims and says that an upcoming inspection will reveal that the problem is being exaggerated.
Cobie Collins said he visited the complex after a family was displaced by a fire around 2:30 a.m. Saturday. Collins said he was frustrated because Smith seemed uninterested in helping the tenants move into a vacant apartment.
While he was at the complex, Collins said he discovered what could be a serious health issue affecting many tenants. Many Shady Lane residents may be exposed to toxic black mold inside their apartments.
-------for the rest of the story see The Yazoo Herald printed edition or subscribe to the Digital Edition.----------
Last Updated (Tuesday, 05 October 2010 21:40)