Yazoo County Democratic Committee opens headquarters on Canal Street
Special to The Herald
The Yazoo County Democratic Headquarters held its Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening ceremony on Saturday, September 22, 2012.
“Our national and state democratic leadership recommends to all democratic executive committees to open democratic headquarters on a local level during presidential election years,” a committee member said. “Since President Obama carried Yazoo County with 6116 votes during his 2008 bid for President, it was just ‘proper’ that the Yazoo County Democratic Executive Committee open this headquarters.”
The Headquarters is located at 330 Canal Street, and will be open Monday through Saturday during the month of October. All local Democrats are invited to stop by.
The Headquarters will provide:
• Sample Ballots of the November 6 General Election
• President Obama’s 2012 Forward Agenda Information
• Information and Handouts for Yazoo County and State Democratic candidates participating in the November 6th General Elections
• Copies of Redistricting Maps and Updates for voters.
• Contact Numbers to the Yazoo County Circuit Clerk Office for Voter Concerns on Election Day.
• Contact Numbers to the Secretary of State Office for Voter Concerns on Election Day.
Spearheading the opening of the facility were Cynthia J. Walker, Synthia A. Foster and Mamie J. Williams.
The Executive Committee extends their appreciation to Mrs. Denise Robertson; who provided the office space.